Mushroom Beef Patties Recipe
Even though I'm a "city boy", my co-workers have said I'm the most country city boy they have ever run across. Maybe that's because of the comforting, hearty recipes I share, like this ground beef dish. -Dale Thelen, Bedford, Texas
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1. In a bowl, combine the milk, Worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and garlic powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into three or four oval patties. In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat until no longer pink.
- 2. In another skillet, saute mushrooms and basil in 2 tablespoons butter until tender; drain. Remove mushrooms with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 3. In the same skillet, melt the remaining butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in the cream, 1/2 cup water, pepper sauce and remaining salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add enough remaining water to make a medium-thin sauce. Add reserved mushrooms; heat though. Serve over beef patties; top with cheese and onions. Yield: 3-4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 478 calories, 34 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 137 mg cholesterol, 955 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Beef Patties
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC