Mushroom Beef Patties Recipe
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- In a bowl, combine the milk, Worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and garlic powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into three or four oval patties. In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat until no longer pink.
- In another skillet, saute mushrooms and basil in 2 tablespoons butter until tender; drain. Remove mushrooms with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the remaining butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in the cream, 1/2 cup water, pepper sauce and remaining salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add enough remaining water to make a medium-thin sauce. Add reserved mushrooms; heat though. Serve over beef patties; top with cheese and onions. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Reviews for Mushroom Beef Patties
Sort By :
I've been making this recipe for years. The whole family loves it!
I'd prepared these patties when they first were featured in Taste of Home! When I prepared them, I used: 6 Tbsp. butter or margarine, DIVIDED, 1 Tbsp. cornstarch, 1/4 tsp. hot red pepper flakes as I'd had it on hand. If you don't have the pepper flakes, you can use 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper. I crushed the dried basil to release the flavor! I HAD used oil to cook the meat patties-I'd say about 1 to 2 Tbsp.!
These Mushroom Beef Patties were delicious! NOTE: I didn't use hot red pepper sauce! I used about 3 Tbsp. of the butter to saute the mushrooms and the balance of the butter to prepare the sauce! Thank you, Dale Thelen, for sharing your recipe! DELowenstein
I decided to make these for something different. My husband LOVED these. He said it is his most favorite recipe I have made yet. He wants me quadruple the batches in the future so he has plenty left over! I think one weekend I am going to make a bunch of gravy and freeze it so all I have to do is thaw it out to put on top of my burgers. Then it becomes a quick and easy recipe:) Thank you for the idea. These are fantastic!
These were great. I didn't have cream on hand, so used one cup of skim milk in place of the cream and left the gravy thick. Definitely a keeper.
My boyfriend loved this recipe. We added extra hot sauce because we like spicy foods. It was kind of a cross between meatloaf and chicken fried steak. The next time I will serve this with mashed potatoes and double the gravy recipe. The leftovers heated up great for my lunch the next day.