Mushroom Beef and Noodles Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed beefy mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 package (12 ounces) wide egg noodles
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine soups and bread crumbs; mix well. Stir in beef. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Serve with beef mixture. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 408 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 985mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein .
Reviews for Mushroom Beef and Noodles
"This was good, but there was no depth of flavor. The meat was tender, there was plenty of sauce, but it needed some extra salt and something to add depth like Worcestershire sauce or steak sauce or something similar."
"Substituted Cream of Mushroom Soup for French Onion Soup and the family liked it even better."
"This was delicious... could have used more mushrooms so next time I will add fresh mushrooms. I also added a quarter of an onion to the mix and let it all marinate together as it cooks."
"Well, if you have a slow cooker that's much bigger than what is called for, yours will probably cook it too fast. The optimal "fill" amount for any slow cooker regardless of size is about 2/3 or 3/4 full. Yours would likely be half-full which could cause it to cook too fast, even if it's on low. So, yes, if you're able to check it after 4 hrs, then after 5 or 6 hrs, to make sure it's not cooking too fast."
"This recipe is a regular on our menu."
"My family of 6 loved this and I have a few picky eaters! Beefy mushroom soup isn't available here so I exchanged it with beef broth (10 3/4 oz) and canned mushrooms and it worked perfectly. Will definitely make it again! Super easy and delicious!"
"I have a 5 QT slow cooker...do I have to adjust the cooking time if the directions call for a 3 QT cooker?"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.