Mushroom Bean Medley
Fresh mushrooms, onion and a splash more white wine flavor a savory sauce that really dresses up the convenience of frozen veggies. This quick, tasty side dish would complement just about any entree and is likely to become a family favorite.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen waxed beans, green beans and carrots
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Saute mushrooms and onion in butter in a large skillet until tender.
- Add vegetables and wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain; sprinkle
- with salt and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 104 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.