Fresh mushrooms, onion and a splash more white wine flavor a savory sauce that really dresses up the convenience of frozen veggies. This quick, tasty side dish would complement just about any entree and is likely to become a family favorite.
Recommended: 23 Slow Cooker Side Dishes to the Rescue
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen waxed beans, green beans and carrots
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Saute mushrooms and onion in butter in a large skillet until tender. Add vegetables and wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Bean Medley in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p44
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mushroom Bean Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review