Mushroom Bean Medley Recipe
Fresh mushrooms, onion and a splash more white wine flavor a savory sauce that really dresses up the convenience of frozen veggies. This quick, tasty side dish would complement just about any entree and is likely to become a family favorite.
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen waxed beans, green beans and carrots
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Saute mushrooms and onion in butter in a large skillet until tender. Add vegetables and wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Bean Medley in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p44
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mushroom Bean Medley(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Side Dishes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Side Dishes >