Mushroom Bean Burritos Recipe
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 pound small fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) vegetarian refried beans
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle hot pepper sauce
- 6 whole wheat tortilla (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute peppers and onions until crisp-tender. Stir in the mushrooms, water, broth and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid has evaporated.
- 2. Stir in the beans, salsa, chili powder and pepper sauce; heat through.
- 3. Spoon 1 cup filling off center on each tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 310 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 798mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 9g fiber), 15g protein .
Reviews for Mushroom Bean Burritos
"I added a can of black beans with the refried beans and salsa to make it more filling, and it was excellent! Great recipe, thank you!"