Mushroom Barley Soup for Two Recipe
THIS is part of my favorite meal, quick and easy to prepare and the perfect amount for two of us. The mushrooms, carrots and barley are a good combination for flavor and color.
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each ) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup medium pearl barley
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute mushrooms and garlic in butter for 3 minutes. Stir in the broth, barley and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2. Add the carrot, dill, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until barley and carrot are tender. Yield: 3 cups.
1-1/2 cups equals 230 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 1,543 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom Barley Soup for Two
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC