- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1/3 cup medium pearl barley
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, saute mushrooms and garlic in butter for 3 minutes. Stir in the broth, barley and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the carrot, dill, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until barley and carrot are tender. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews for Mushroom Barley Soup for Two
Sort By :
"I made this with couple of changes. I used Bella mushrooms for their great flavor, added 1/2 cup Great Northern beans, used low sodium chicken broth. Will definitely make this again as I love barley soups. I may throw in some chopped kale or collard greens next time."
"I love barley soups and mushrooms so this was a great recipe and perfect for fall. I used low sodium chic broth and a bit less of the soy sauce. I figure I can always add more if needed but like to go light initially. I used Bella mushrooms as I think they have more flavor than others. I will make this again. Also I added about 1/2 cup of Great Northern beans to it. Very good."
"I had purchased barley to make another soup recipe and was looking for other recipes that include barley. This soup dish was a big hit with us - will be making this soup again."
"YES! Friends had a "Soup Sunday" gathering recently and this is one of the soups I made. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. Several asked for the recipe."
"This is our new favorite soup. EZ, delicious and good for you! I also used low salt broth and soy sauce."