THIS is part of my favorite meal, quick and easy to prepare and the perfect amount for two of us. The mushrooms, carrots and barley are a good combination for flavor and color.
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each ) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup medium pearl barley
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, saute mushrooms and garlic in butter for 3 minutes. Stir in the broth, barley and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the carrot, dill, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until barley and carrot are tender. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Mushroom Barley Soup in Reminisce Extra November 2007, p52
Reviews for Mushroom Barley Soup for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review