Mushroom Barley Soup
THIS is part of my favorite meal, quick and easy to prepare and the perfect amount for two of us. The mushrooms, carrots and barley are a good combination for flavor and color.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1/3 cup medium pearl barley
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, saute mushrooms and garlic in butter for 3
- minutes. Stir in the broth, barley and soy sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the carrot, dill, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 15
- minutes or until barley and carrot are tender. Yield: 3 cups.