Mushroom Bacon Burgers
During summer, I use the barbecue grill often. Food just tastes better, and cleanup is much easier. This recipe is a delicious way to dress up plain hamburgers.
4-5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons diced green onions
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 to 5 hamburger buns
- Tomato slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into four or five patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or
- broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a
- meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Serve on buns
- with tomato if desired. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 313 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 709 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka