Mushroom Bacon Bites
This is the perfect appetizer for most any occasion. The tasty bites are easy to assemble and brush with prepared barbecue sauce. When we have a big cookout, they're always a hit...but they make a nice little "extra" for a family dinner, too.
-Gina Roesner, Ashland, Missouri
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 24 medium fresh mushrooms
- 12 bacon strips, halved
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Wrap each mushroom with a piece of bacon; secure with a toothpick.
- Thread onto metal or soaked wooden skewers; brush with barbecue
- Grill, uncovered, over indirect medium heat for 10-15 minutes or
- until the bacon is crisp and the mushrooms are tender, turning and
- basting occasionally with remaining barbecue sauce. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 226 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 505 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.