Two of my favorites – mushroom and avocado – make a stacked sandwich fancy enough for company or a weekend breakfast with the family. —Carol McLaughlin, Papillion, Nebraska
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 slices French bread (1 inch thick), toasted
- 3 ounces Brie cheese, cut into 6 slices
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, lemon pepper and basil until blended. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Pour in egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Gently stir in chives.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, heat oil and remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- Place toast slices on an ungreased baking sheet; top with mushrooms, eggs and cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Just before serving, top with avocado. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom-Avocado Eggs on Toast in Simple & Delicious April/May 2015
Reviews for Mushroom-Avocado Eggs on Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review