- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and rubbed sage
- Separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in an ungreased 9-in. pie plate with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides to form a crust; seal perforations. Spread with mustard; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the asparagus, onion and mushrooms in butter until asparagus is crisp-tender. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in asparagus mixture. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Mushroom Asparagus Quiche
Sort By :
"My hubby does not like quiche, eggs or asparagus; but I made it anyway. He loved it and had a second piece. I added 2 pieces of well cooked bacon. This recipe is a winner"
"This was great. It was fast and easy and it was a hit. Its a keeper"
"This was delicious but I did add a couple of things, just because. I used a refrigerated pie crust and added an extra egg, 1/2 cup of half and half and 4 strips of cooked and crumbled bacon. Wow! Even better reheated. Thank you, Sharon for sharing this one."
"I made this tonight for my birthday dinner. The only change I made was that I only had 3/4 pound of asparagus so made up the difference with 2 small zucchini. Served it with T bone steaks and baked potatoes for my homemade birthday dinner. Saving this one. Will make again!"
"This is a fantastic recipe! I'm not sure why, because I'm pretty sure I got it from one of my TOH books, but my recipe was slightly different and then, of course, I added to it! I added finely diced smoked ham to the mushroom, onion & asparagus mixture and sprinkled with Tony's seasoning. I used a refrigerated pie crust. I used 3 eggs and 1 1/3c heavy whipping cream, used no parsley or garlic powder and seasoned with 1 tsp salt,1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp white pepper and 1 tsp dried basil. I covered the bottom of the crust with grated swiss and therefore, used no mozzarella. I also, saved the tips of the asparagus and placed them on top of the quiche after about 20 mins in the oven as a decorative garnish. This one is definitely a keeper. Served with some fresh sliced tomatoes and everyone loved it!"