- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and rubbed sage
- Separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in an ungreased 9-in. pie plate with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides to form a crust; seal perforations. Spread with mustard; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the asparagus, onion and mushrooms in butter until asparagus is crisp-tender. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in asparagus mixture. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Mushroom Asparagus Quiche
Sort By :
"One tip when preparing this EXCELLENT quiche...saute the onions until translucent and set aside, saute the mushrooms until they've given up their liquid and then saute until most of the liquid has evaporated, add the onions back into the saute pan, use very thin asparagus and add them to the onion and mushroom mixture and saute until asparagus is tender. Otherwise this recipe works well - my guests loved this!"
"Very good Quiche quite different and savory. I followed the recipe and was please. Will keep making this. Lot's of compliments"
"I have made this many times and it always turns out great! Very simple with the crescent roll crust and I think that works just fine. I use dijon mustard for more of a kick. Love it get many complements."
"This recipe looks amazing. Looking to make this today. I don't have asparagus.Can broccoli be substituted?"
"Used refrigerated pie crust and canned mushrooms because that's what was on hand along with my fresh asparagus. I also used fresh sage and oregano. I used 3 medium eggs and one large because it did look a bit dry and I put it in a 10" pie plate because my last quiche ran over. I thought it was wonderful."