Mushroom-Artichoke Brunch Bake Recipe
While the potatoes are baking the rest of the prep can be done...there's not much slicing or measuring. While this makes a pretty vegetarian egg bake, you can also add a layer of little smoked sausages cut lengthwise in half over the artichokes if you want a more substantial meal.—Suzanne Francis, Marysville, Washington
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place potatoes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; drizzle with 1 tablespoon butter and sprinkle with salt. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining butter until tender. Place artichokes on paper towels; pat dry. Sprinkle mushrooms, artichokes and cheese over the potatoes. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and green chilies; pour over cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 239 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 249 mg cholesterol, 493 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC