Mushroom and Turkey Stir-Fry
My family loves this fast-to-fix stir-fry featuring turkey instead of the usual chicken. It's very colorful and has a nice crunch from the snowpeas and chunks of sweet red pepper.—Sally Moulton, Greene, Massachusetts
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into chunks
- 10 large fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- Hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water and soy
- sauce until smooth; set aside. In a skillet, saute the peas, red
- pepper and mushrooms in oil until tender. Add the turkey and soy
- sauce mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 172 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 496 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now