- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, cut into wedges
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, mushrooms and green onions. In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Add the lemon juice, water, mustard and pepper to the drippings; cook and stir until heated through. Immediately drizzle over salad; toss gently. Top with eggs and reserved bacon. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Spinach Salad in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p56
Reviews for Mushroom and Bacon Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review