- butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or
- until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil for
- 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook and stir for 10 minutes or until
- liquid has evaporated. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, salt and pepper until light
- and fluffy. Beat in sour cream. Add eggs; beat on low speed just
- until combined. Fold in the bacon, feta cheese, parsley and mushroom
- mixture. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking
- pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until center is just set and
- top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a
- wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan
- to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Top with mushrooms, parsley and additional bacon
- if desired. Serve with crackers. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice (calculated without toppings and crackers) equals 322 calories, 28 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 617 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now