- 1-3/4 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups assorted chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- Roasted sliced mushrooms, fresh parsley and additional cooked bacon strips, optional
- Assorted crackers
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in oil for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook and stir for 10 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, salt and pepper until light and fluffy. Beat in sour cream. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in the bacon, feta cheese, parsley and mushroom mixture. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan. Top with mushrooms, parsley and additional bacon if desired. Serve with crackers. Yield: 16 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mushroom and Bacon Cheesecake
Sort By :
"Not worth it! It takes ALOT of ingredients, and it does not deliver with the resulting flavor. Very muted taste. If you like a more robust appetizer with rich flavor, this is not your recipe."