Mushroom, Walnut & Thyme Cheesecake Recipe
Serve this delightful and unusual savory cheesecake of mushroom and thyme as a festive first course. — Erika Szymanski, Pullman, Washington
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound baby portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Assorted crackers, baguette slices or sliced apples
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on baking sheet. Bake 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in walnuts; cook until toasted. Stir in thyme, soy sauce and pepper. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in yogurt. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Fold in mushroom mixture. Pour over crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- 4. Bake 25-30 minutes or until center of cheesecake is just set and top appears dull. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 5. Remove rim from pan. Serve with crackers. Yield: 24 servings.
1 slice equals 130 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC