- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1-3/4 pounds beef top round steak, cut into 1-1/2-inch strips
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Lipton onion mushroom soup mix
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked egg noodles, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, garlic powder, pepper and paprika. Add beef strips and shake to coat.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the soup, water and soup mix; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Stir in the mushrooms, sour cream, and parsley. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until sauce is thickened. Serve with noodles if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Mushroom 'n' Steak Stroganoff
Sort By :
"Very easy and fairly tasty but a bit bland as others have said. The concept is worth keeping and working with. The meat was tender and the gravy very good, it just needs... something. I will be making it again."
"needs more flavor. Maybe some wine or extra garlic."
"This is to salty, I like the recipe for stroganoff that I have been making much better. I made this one just to try it out."
"This is a very easy dish to make and soooooo tastey!"