Mushroom & Wild Rice Soup
You can tell how much I adore mushrooms by looking at this recipe. I used four kinds of mushrooms! The wild rice mix helps make it very easy. — Mary Mcvey, Colfax, North Carolina
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + standing Cook: 45 min.
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil; add dried mushrooms.
- Remove from the heat; let stand for 25-30 minutes or until softened.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove mushrooms; rinse. Trim and discard
- stems from shiitake mushrooms. Chop mushrooms. Strain soaking liquid
- through a fine-mesh strainer. Reserve mushrooms and soaking liquid.