Mushroom & Swiss Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 slice reduced-fat Swiss cheese, cut in half
- 2 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 slices sweet onion
- 2 slices tomato
- In a small skillet, cook mushrooms in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in 1/8 teaspoon salt and a dash of pepper. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the spinach, chopped onion and remaining salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over medium heat for 4 minutes. Turn and cook 3 minutes longer. Top burgers with cheese; cover and cook 3-6 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and cheese is melted. Serve on buns with lettuce, onion, tomato and reserved mushroom mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Mushroom & Swiss Turkey Burgers(5)
Sort By :
I submitted a version of this recipe years ago for some sort of recipe contest. This is not my original recipe. Sad to see it was altered without my consent.
I was very surprised but there was very little taste to these burgers.
To us, these burgers tasted fine but nothing special.
Very good--will definitely make again.
More Recipe Collections
- Burger Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Sandwich Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Sandwiches >