Mushroom & Swiss Pita Pizzas
Sweet Italian sausage and pitas make mini pizzas that go together fast for an easy-and tasty-weeknight meal. Kids always have fun making their own, so invite them to help! Melissa Reindl, Manitowoc, Wisconsin
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 package (12 ounces) whole pocketless pita breads or flatbreads
- 1-1/4 cups tomato basil pasta sauce or Alfredo sauce
- 5 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over
- medium heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into
- crumbles; drain.
- Place pita breads on baking sheets. Spread with pasta sauce; top with
- cheese, mushrooms and cooked sausage. Bake 10-15 minutes or until
- cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pizza equals 579 calories, 29 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 1,413 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein.