Mushroom & Swiss Pita Pizzas Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 package (12 ounces) whole pocketless pita breads or flatbreads
- 1-1/4 cups tomato basil pasta sauce or Alfredo sauce
- 5 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- 2. Place pita breads on baking sheets. Spread with pasta sauce; top with cheese, mushrooms and cooked sausage. Bake 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
1 pizza equals 579 calories, 29 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 1,413 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom & Swiss Pita Pizzas
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.