Mushroom & Swiss Pita Pizzas Recipe
Sweet Italian sausage and pitas make mini pizzas that go together fast for an easy-and tasty-weeknight meal. Kids always have fun making their own, so invite them to help! Melissa Reindl, Manitowoc, Wisconsin
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 package (12 ounces) whole pocketless pita breads or flatbreads
- 1-1/4 cups tomato basil pasta sauce or Alfredo sauce
- 5 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- 2. Place pita breads on baking sheets. Spread with pasta sauce; top with cheese, mushrooms and cooked sausage. Bake 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
1 pizza: 579 calories, 29g fat (12g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 1413mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom & Swiss Pita Pizzas
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC