Mushroom & Spinach Bread Pudding
Want a change of pace from traditional stuffing? Try this savory bread pudding loaded with spinach and cremini mushrooms. It's easy to prepare and a great way to use up leftover bread.
9 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 5 cups cubed French bread baguette (1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced fresh cremini mushrooms
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, 1/4
- teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until blended. Stir in bread;
- let stand 10 minutes or until bread is softened.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add
- mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Add spinach, garlic, thyme
- and remaining salt and pepper. Cook and stir until spinach is
- wilted. Add to bread mixture; stir in mozzarella cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in.-square baking dish; sprinkle with