Simple rice pilaf is a lifesaver when you are hosting Thanksgiving. Just place the ingredients in the slow cooker and forget about it until it’s time to serve. —Kathleen Hedger, Godfrey, Illinois
Recommended: 23 Slow Cooker Side Dishes to the Rescue
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups water
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add rice; cook and stir until lightly browned, 5-6 minutes. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add mushrooms, green onions and oregano. Stir in broth and water. Cook, covered, on low until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 3-4 hours. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom & Rice Pilaf in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p109
Reviews for Mushroom & Rice Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review