Mushroom & Peas Rice Pilaf Recipe
Anything goes in a rice pilaf, so add peas and baby Portobello mushrooms for extra color, texture and a touch of comfort. — Stacy Mullens, Gresham, Oregon
- 1 package (6.6 ounces) rice pilaf mix with toasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1. Prepare pilaf according to package directions.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add peas and mushrooms; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Stir in rice. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 177 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 352 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC