Mushroom & Peas Rice Pilaf Recipe
- 1 package (6.6 ounces) rice pilaf mix with toasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1. Prepare pilaf according to package directions.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add peas and mushrooms; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Stir in rice. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 177 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 352mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Mushroom & Peas Rice Pilaf
"What more can you say but excellent. I could not find rice pilaf with almonds; so I bought some without and just roasted a small amount on the side in a small fry pan and then added them to the mixture at the end."