Anything goes in a rice pilaf, so add peas and baby Portobello mushrooms for extra color, texture and a touch of comfort. — Stacy Mullens, Gresham, Oregon
- 1 package (6.6 ounces) rice pilaf mix with toasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- Prepare pilaf according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add peas and mushrooms; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Stir in rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom & Peas Rice Pilaf in Taste of Home April/May 2014
Reviews for Mushroom & Peas Rice Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2014
"What more can you say but excellent. I could not find rice pilaf with almonds; so I bought some without and just roasted a small amount on the side in a small fry pan and then added them to the mixture at the end."