Anything goes in a rice pilaf, so add peas and baby Portobello mushrooms for extra color, texture and a touch of comfort. — Stacy Mullens, Gresham, Oregon
- 1 package (6.6 ounces) rice pilaf mix with toasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- Prepare pilaf according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add peas and mushrooms; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Stir in rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom & Peas Rice Pilaf in Taste of Home April/May 2014
Reviews for Mushroom & Peas Rice Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review