Mushroom & Onion Crescents Recipe
I knew these stuffed crescents were keepers when my husband ate most of the filling before I could roll it into the dough. I’ve had to get sneaky now when I make them. —Carrie Pommier, Lakeville, Minnesota
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook and stir 10-12 minutes or until onion is golden. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- 2. Unroll crescent dough; separate into triangles. Place 1 tablespoon mushroom mixture at the wide end of each triangle; top with 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese and roll up. Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet, point side down; curve ends to form a crescent. Melt remaining butter; brush over tops.
- 3. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 rolls.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC