Mushroom & Onion Crescents Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook and stir 10-12 minutes or until onion is golden. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat; stir in Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- 2. Unroll crescent dough; separate into triangles. Place 1 tablespoon mushroom mixture at the wide end of each triangle; top with 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese and roll up. Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet, point side down; curve ends to form a crescent. Melt remaining butter; brush over tops.
- 3. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 rolls.
1 crescent equals 174 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 367 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Mushroom & Onion Crescents
"These were OK but fairly bland. Couldn't really taste the filling, and we doubled everything. Probably won't bother to make these again."
"might try recipe and substitute cream cheese 4 parmesan cheese"
"Delicious!! Even my 6 year old loved it! Of course I had to chop up the mushrooms to fool him!"
"Very good recipe"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.