- Preheat oven to 375°. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work
- surface; brush with butter. Layer with five additional phyllo
- sheets, brushing each layer. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with
- plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.)
- Spoon half of the mushroom mixture down center third of phyllo dough
- to within 1 in. of ends. Sprinkle filling with 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Fold up short sides to enclose filling. Roll up jelly-roll style,
- starting with a long side.
- Transfer to a parchment paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan, seam side
- down. Brush with additional butter. Repeat with remaining
- ingredients. Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve warm. Yield: 2 strudels
- (12 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 100 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.