- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 12 ounces fresh chanterelle, baby portobello or oyster mushrooms, or a combination of mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), halved and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Wipe mushrooms clean with a damp tea towel. Trim stems; quarter or slice large mushrooms.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add leek; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook 4-6 minutes or until tender and liquid has evaporated. Stir in leek, salt and pepper. Cool slightly.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese onto bottom of pastry-lined pie plate. Top with mushroom mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream until blended; pour over top.
- Bake on a lower oven rack 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. If desired, sprinkle with parsley before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom & Leek Pie in Taste of Home February/March 2015, p70
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Mushroom & Leek Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2015
"i liked the leeks in this pie. they added a great flavor yet were not overpowering as inions maybe"
Reviewed Mar. 5, 2015
"This is delish. ! Great lenten dish !"