Mushroom & Herb Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter. In a small bowl, combine the soup, mushrooms, water, chives, mustard, lemon-pepper, salt, garlic salt, rosemary and thyme; pour over chicken.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast with 1/3 cup sauce (calculated without noodles): 228 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 698mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 4 lean meat.
Reviews for Mushroom & Herb Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.