My easy skillet dish is a comfort food classic. It's also delicious with rice instead of noodles. No one will guess they're eating healthy with this one.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter. In a small bowl, combine the soup, mushrooms, water, chives, mustard, lemon-pepper, salt, garlic salt, rosemary and thyme; pour over chicken.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom & Herb Chicken in Simple & Delicious December/January 2013, p27
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Mushroom & Herb Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2013
"I cut the chicken in strips. Other than that I followed the recipe as written."