The grave couldn't hold these mummified treats for long! Watch these fudgy brownies pull a disappearing act at your Halloween get-together. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Featured In: Graveyard Halloween Party
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans, optional
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting
- Candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two 8-in.-square baking pans with foil, letting ends extend up sides; grease foil. In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. In another bowl, mix flour and salt; gradually add to chocolate mixture, mixing well. If desired, stir in pecans.
- Spread into prepared pans. Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Lifting with foil, remove brownies from pans. Cut into bars. Using a No. 46 pastry tip, pipe frosting over brownies. Decorate with candy eyes. Yield: 32 brownies.
Originally published as Mummy Brownies in Halloween Bookazine 2015 2015, p104
Reviews for Mummy Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2015
"These were a big hit at our Halloween party! I used M & Ms for the candy eyes."