Multigrain Waffles Recipe
These hearty waffles are great for breakfast and brunch. A blend of spices makes them more special than ordinary waffles. —Irene Greenhaw, Hobbs, New Mexico
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1 tablespoon sugar, optional
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Maple or fruit syrup, yogurt and berries
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. In another bowl, beat egg yolks, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into the batter.
- 3. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to the manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with syrup, yogurt and berries. Yield: 8 waffles.
1 serving (1 each) equals 250 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 539 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC