- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic,
- about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray,
- turning once to coat the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place
- until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; shape into two
- loaves. Place in two 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans coated with cooking
- spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 40 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cover
- loosely with foil if tops brown too quickly. Remove from pans to
- wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 124 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.