- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup medium pearl barley
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 4-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoons sherry or additional water
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion in oil for 2 minutes. Add the barley, brown rice, wild rice, lentils and almonds; saute 5-6 minutes longer or until almonds are lightly browned. Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Dissolve bouillon in boiling water; stir in the seasoning blend and sherry or additional water. Carefully pour over grain mixture; stir to combine.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until grains are tender. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Multigrain Pilaf in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p46
Reviews for Multigrain Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Grains Side Dish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >