Oats and whole wheat flour make these tasty pancakes extra hearty. Jeri Tirmenstein of Apache Junction, Arizona suggests trying them with applesauce spooned on top.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine the milk,
- egg substitute and oil; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupful onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when
- bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown.
- Yield: 4 pancakes.
Nutritional Facts: 2 pancakes equals 243 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 559 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.