Multigrain Pancakes Recipe
My husband and I love the goodness of food prepared with whole grains. But our children are differenttheir idea of good bread is store-bought soft white sandwich bread. So I developed this to appeal to their love of sweet toppings while giving them a taste of whole-grain cooking.Ann Harris, Lancaster, California
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 8 pancakes.
Originally published as Multigrain Pancakes in Taste of Home October/November 1996, p14
Reviews for Multigrain Pancakes(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 2, 2013
Delicious! I also added 2T each of oatmeal & ground flax!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Kids Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >