Multigrain Pancakes Recipe
My husband and I love the goodness of food prepared with whole grains. But our children are differenttheir idea of good bread is store-bought soft white sandwich bread. So I developed this to appeal to their love of sweet toppings while giving them a taste of whole-grain cooking.Ann Harris, Lancaster, California
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 8 pancakes.
Originally published as Multigrain Pancakes in Taste of Home October/November 1996, p14
Reviews for Multigrain Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 2, 2013
Delicious! I also added 2T each of oatmeal & ground flax!