My husband and I love including grains in our diet. The cornmeal and oats in these muffins gave them an interesting texture, which I hope you'll enjoy as much as we do. -Peggy Corcoran of Apex, North Carolina
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in walnuts and raisins.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Multigrain Muffins in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p39
Reviews for Multigrain Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review