- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 6-1/2 teaspoons half-and-half cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the oats, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, butter, egg, salt and 1 cup all-purpose flour. Beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Roll into an 18x12-in. rectangle; spread with butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough to within 1/2 in. of edges.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seams to seal. Cut into 12 slices. Place cut side down in a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. For icing, in a small bowl, beat the confectioners' sugar, cream and butter until smooth. Drizzle over warm rolls. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Multigrain Cinnamon Rolls
Sort By :
"Question for the people who used their bread machines. Did you mix everything in a separate bowl (step 1) before adding it all to the bread machine?"
"Oh & no need for butter to spread over filling use water instead. Works well."
"For best results use bread machine. Use oil in dough instead of butter. Can use bread flour. For filling use 1/2 brown & white sugar; can add extra cinnamon. Make sure to use loaf pan the is large enough so the cinnamon sugar mixture does not drip out of pan. Cover with foil if needed. Turn out on serving platter as soon as you take out of oven. Glaze can be omitted."
"I doubled the recipe. They were perfect! My kids loved them. We had them for our Easter morning breakfast. Will make time & time again!"
"A favourite with my family! We make the pull-apart loaf."