Multigrain Bread Recipe
It's hard to get a good whole-grain bread where I live, so my bread machine comes in very handy when making this hearty loaf. I adapted it from an old recipe, and I've been enjoying it ever since. Cornmeal and wheat germ give it a wonderful texture and nutty flavor I love. -Michele MacKinlay, Madoc, Ontario
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rye flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- 2. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 144 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 171 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC