Multigrain Bread Recipe
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rye flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- 2. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds).
1 slice: 144 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 171mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Multigrain Bread
"I love this bread! Great flavor. Good for sandwiches or eating with butter and jam. If I am missing a grain, I just substitute another in its place."
"This is like a bread machine recipe that i make all the time. I use fine ground corn meal and leave out wheat germ. Whole white wheat works nice for whole grain wheat."
"Nice flavor and texture - fragrance and mouth feel remind me of a lighter version of Boston brown bread (due to the molasses and cornmeal). Hearty but not heavy. I made this by hand rather than use a machine and baked it in a 9x5 inch pan, came out great. Takes a while to rise but be patient, it's worth the wait!"