- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rye flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds).
Reviews for Multigrain Bread
"I love this bread! Great flavor. Good for sandwiches or eating with butter and jam. If I am missing a grain, I just substitute another in its place."
"This is like a bread machine recipe that i make all the time. I use fine ground corn meal and leave out wheat germ. Whole white wheat works nice for whole grain wheat."
"Nice flavor and texture - fragrance and mouth feel remind me of a lighter version of Boston brown bread (due to the molasses and cornmeal). Hearty but not heavy. I made this by hand rather than use a machine and baked it in a 9x5 inch pan, came out great. Takes a while to rise but be patient, it's worth the wait!"