Multigrain Bread Recipe
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup rye flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds).
Reviews for Multigrain Bread(4)
Sort By :
Two pieses of toast is breakfast as this bread is so hearty . I used milled flax seed instead of the wheat germ and this bread was terrific!!! I have been making bread for 30 years and this recipe now tops my list
Nice flavor and texture - fragrance and mouth feel remind me of a lighter version of Boston brown bread (due to the molasses and cornmeal). Hearty but not heavy. I made this by hand rather than use a machine and baked it in a 9x5 inch pan, came out great. Takes a while to rise but be patient, it's worth the wait!
I'd like to make the multigrain bread, but the recipe calls for a bread machine and I do not own one. Do I go ahead and make it like I would my basic white bread?