- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add whole wheat flour, oats, wheat germ, sugar, salt and 1-1/4 cups of all-purpose flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining all-purpose flour to form a soft dough. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; shape into a loaf. Coat a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan with cooking spray and sprinkle with half of the cornmeal. Place loaf in prepared pan; sprinkle with remaining cornmeal. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Multi-Grain English Muffin Bread
Sort By :
"The taste and grains are good but as the other reviewer said it did not rise very well for me either. I did the initial mixing in my bread machine and then took it out to raise in the 9x5 pan. It barely came to the top of the pan and then did not puff up when baking. I probably won't make this again but the really the taste is good. I did not throw out I am eating but am toasting it first."
"This didn't rise for me at all so it was basically a brick....BUT I'm not good at breads...obviously :) The taste, however, was really good so I'm going to try it again."