Mulling Spices Recipe
My mulling blend is a merry combination of sugar and spice and a nice touch of citrus peel. Use it to flavor pancakes or waffles, wines or cider and even as a spice blend for poached apples.Cindy Fuller, Forest City, North Carolina
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons dried grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons dried orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place all ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year.
- Mulling Spices may be used to prepare the following recipes: Holiday Spice Pancakes, Mulled Red Wine and Mulled Wine-Poached Apples. Yield: about 2 cups.
Originally published as Mulling Spices in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p86
Reviews for Mulling Spices(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review