- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 whole cloves
- 1. In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Discard cloves. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 102 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 884mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Mulligatawny
"This recipe won't become a family favorite; there are much tastier chicken soup recipes! It wasn't "Indian" enough for us."
"I made this as the recipe was written and tasted before adding anything else. this was a pretty bland soup. it needs more salt and spice added.I also added half and half at the end to help boost flavor. there are better recipes for mulligatawny out there."