Mulled Wine Recipe
- 1 bottle (750 milliliters) fruity red wine
- 1 cup brandy
- 1 medium orange, sliced
- 1 medium lemon, sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1/2 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon aniseed
- 1/2 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 3 whole cloves
- Cinnamon stick, star anise and orange twist
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine first six ingredients. Place remaining spices on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose seasonings; tie securely with string. Add spice bag to wine mixture.
- 2. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer gently, covered, 20 minutes. Cool; refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- 3. Strain; discard fruit and spice bag. Reheat wine; serve warm in mugs. Top as desired. Yield: 5 servings.
3/4 cup: 379 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (41g sugars, trace fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Mulled Wine
"Made this for New Year's Eve last year and it was a huge hit. Making it again for Christmas Eve tomorrow. Be careful though, it's strong stuff!"
"Love this recipe. It was a huge hit at my house. My husband asks me to make it all the time."