- from heat; skim off foam, if necessary. Immediately pour into
- prepared pan. Let stand until set, about 5 hours or overnight.
- For coating, sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar over a 14x12-in. sheet of
- parchment paper. Invert candy onto sugar. With a knife dipped in
- warm water, cut candy into 1-in. squares; coat with remaining sugar.
- Transfer candies to a wire rack. Let stand, uncovered, at room
- temperature overnight. Store in airtight containers up to 1 week.
- Yield: 1-3/4 pounds (about 3 dozen).
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.