Mulled Red Cider Recipe
Red wine gives a rosy glow to this warm beverage. The spices are a wonderful complement to both the wine and cider. —Steve Foy, Kirkwood, Missouri
- Cinnamon sugar, optional
- 1-3/4 cups apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 bottle (750 milliliters) dry red wine
- 1. If desired, moisten the rims of seven mugs with water. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on a plate; dip rims in cinnamon sugar. Set mugs aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the cider, sugar, cinnamon sticks and cloves. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- 3. Add wine and heat through. Remove from the heat. Cover and steep for 10 minutes; strain. Serve in prepared mugs. Yield: 7 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup (calculated without cinnamon-sugar garnish): 163 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Mulled Red Cider
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC