Mulled Red Cider Recipe
Red wine gives a rosy glow to this warm beverage. The spices are a wonderful complement to both the wine and cider. —Steve Foy, Kirkwood, Missouri
- Cinnamon-sugar, optional
- 1-3/4 cups apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 bottle (750 milliliters) dry red wine
- If desired, moisten the rims of seven mugs with water. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar on a plate; dip rims in cinnamon-sugar. Set mugs aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cider, sugar, cinnamon sticks and cloves. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add wine and heat through. Remove from the heat. Cover and steep for 10 minutes; strain. Serve in prepared mugs. Yield: 7 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Mulled Red Cider in Taste of Home December/January 2012, p48
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Mulled Red Cider(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Cider Recipes >
- Beverages >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >