- Cinnamon-sugar, optional
- 1-3/4 cups apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 bottle (750 milliliters) dry red wine
- If desired, moisten the rims of seven mugs with water. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar on a plate; dip rims in cinnamon-sugar. Set mugs aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cider, sugar, cinnamon sticks and cloves. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add wine and heat through. Remove from the heat. Cover and steep for 10 minutes; strain. Serve in prepared mugs. Yield: 7 servings (3/4 cup each).
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now